DISCLAIMER

Dear reader(s)

All the stories posted here are author's personal view and does not reflect anybody's or represent any institutions or organization to which the author is associated unless otherwise mentioned or referred or sources cited after the article. Therefore, any errors are also of the author. Any post which may be directly or indirectly related to any institutions where blogger may be affiliated does not in anyway represent these institutions. Readers may use the information for any educational or research purpose at their own risks on accuracy and authenticity of the information provided herein. The photo(s) from the author's private collection may not be reproduced in any form, electronic or otherwise without prior permission.

The information given here are updated and authenticated to the extent possible and to the best of the knowledge of the blogger and not otherwise.

Anyone wishing to use all or part of the posts published on this blog may kindly obtain permission from the author by emailing at sonamphuentsho111@gmail.com.

NOTE: The blogger is not responsible for any damages caused for whatever reason by using the information posted on this blog unless provided to the user with written permission from the Author.


Wednesday 16 September 2009

Am I religious or atheist?????????

Early in the morning, i wake up, brush my teeth, wash my face and pray for a few minutes before I take breakfast. I have my breakfast and be in the hostel till 9:00am. I then go and attend the classes till the evening.
Unlike me, my friends wake up in the morning, wash their breakfast. After the breakfast they move out the hostel by 8:20am. They leave early to attend the morning prayer at Institute's Lhakhang almost every morning. In the evenings, many also attend the meditation class with Lam Zhenphen Zangpo. They come to the hostel and have dinner and I join them for the dinner but not the post dinner event. My friends after the dinner, they go and attend Throenma with Khenpo Ngawang Lodroe for about an hour every night.
The collegues at the institute often go and visit Lhakhangs and monasteries or other religious monuments to offer butter lamps, prayers, homage for the well being of all the sentient beings. I appreciate them all and I am never interested in joining them at all. I don't believe in going to the temples or visiting religious monuments or places much. I also do not offer much butter lamps. I also almost abdon to go for the morning prayer at the Lhakhang with my trainee collegues. 
These does not mean that I don't believe in god nor in religion. I always feel that there is god and any one violating the human nature or commit sins will be penalized. In short, I very much believe in cause and effect or in Bhutanese term "The Ley Jumdrey and Tha Dhamtshe". 
My friends also quite often criticize me and say that I am not religious. I try to comprehend what they say? At times I think that I am not at all religious because I have never joined my friends in religious events or functions. But I also feel that I am religious because I pray almost every morning and think that god is always there. I also don't smoke at all under the pretext that smoking is the worst form of sin I would be committing and never on the pretext of getting diseases or addiction. 
Now the question that is lingering inmy mind is "Am I religioous? or Am I atheist? These are two prominent questions that will stay a long way before I answer them completely and satisfactorily.

1 comment:

  1. I think you are on the right path. Real life is not found in religion or religious activities. Real life is found in a relationship with Creator God who is calling you to know Him better.

    ReplyDelete

My Blog

My Blog

Search This Blog