DISCLAIMER

Dear reader(s)

All the stories posted here are author's personal view and does not reflect anybody's or represent any institutions or organization to which the author is associated unless otherwise mentioned or referred or sources cited after the article. Therefore, any errors are also of the author. Any post which may be directly or indirectly related to any institutions where blogger may be affiliated does not in anyway represent these institutions. Readers may use the information for any educational or research purpose at their own risks on accuracy and authenticity of the information provided herein. The photo(s) from the author's private collection may not be reproduced in any form, electronic or otherwise without prior permission.

The information given here are updated and authenticated to the extent possible and to the best of the knowledge of the blogger and not otherwise.

Anyone wishing to use all or part of the posts published on this blog may kindly obtain permission from the author by emailing at sonamphuentsho111@gmail.com.

NOTE: The blogger is not responsible for any damages caused for whatever reason by using the information posted on this blog unless provided to the user with written permission from the Author.


Sunday 20 September 2009

A new energy, a gentle breeze, a profound thought was a Twilight Walk


 Memorial Chhoeten: A Twilight Walk


It was about half past five, my conversation ended  and we decided to walk down the town. We went to the town. The town was filled with hustle, bustle sounds of people accompanied by noises of movement of cars in the town. Thousands of young and old, male and female are seen busy in their own business, some chating with their friends, lovers, families, relatives, strangers, some driving their cars, some enjoying the live of city, some dinning in restaurants and hotels, some walking and so on. Everyone seems to be engrossed in their own work.

We then walked into a  bakery, had a coffee and snacks, talked for for about and hour again. It was getting dark, I was asked what is my next plan. I answered, I don't have any plan than to go back to my institute. My accompany said shall we go for a walk till memorial chhotoen and then you leave for RIM and I will go home. I agreed instantly, yes, why not?

We walked through the town and reached there, it was already twilight. We went around Chhoetoen. As we got into the place, I felt the gentle breeze making me feel more energetic and fresh. The air was calm, there was silence except the murmuring of OM Mani Padme Hung and OM AAH HUNG BAZA GURU PADMA SIDHI HUNG and ofcourse the pleasing sounds of the religious bells hung around the chhoeten.

As we  walked around the chhoten, my walk partner told me that by going around these structures will give us pleasant mood accompanied by more energy, an energy that can motivate and think good about others. I was also told that  we will experience just the opposite in case if we visit Hospital or a prison. I was told that these are all influced by the sorrounding around us and the environment around us affects our way of thinking about life.

I was then reminded of my self of what Khamtruel Rimpochhe once said to us during a blessing and conversation with us in Sherubtse College way back in 2006. His Eminence said that we need alters at home, chhoetens, temples and monasteries or religous structures to accumulate virtues or merit. He added that these structure are just tools that enable us to concentrate more on good things so that we accumulate merits. He said that these monuments will give us the place to think good, provide us an environment to think good and do good where was other places we usually can't think of good and in the process we commit sins or crimes.

Thus, in short this twilight walk gave me the strength and energy and taught the meaning of life and purpose of living.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog

My Blog

Search This Blog